Ideas to Improve Ranorex

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us at Ranorex Uservoice.

1. Use custom report templates also for ReportToPDFModule

At the moment (V9.0) the PDF converter don't use the custom report templates,
    As the ReportToPDFModule does not use the templates the generated pdf is not much of use. You have to make the pdf from the custom report by hand.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. pause

I would need a function, which makes a planned pause during the test run (means, the test run waits for a user input via hotkey or simple GUI) and then continues.
    This is not supposed to be related with working / not working test case, but a planned break.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. export a Ranorex report as an Excel file

i am trying to give a report to my team members on test case running results pass or failed.
    the report should be an excel file.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Elapsed time for steps at the time of execution

Ranorex was bought in our company by the quality management team for our software products.
    No I'm using it for Application Performance Monitoring.

With a few lines of C# code I measure the ellapsed time for getting the login page our web-app (with some reference measurements to migrate deviation) --> Service Level Agreements

It works pretty well, but it would be simplyer if I could get the measurements from ranorex at the time of execution.

(Parsing the report for the execution time is difficult too, because we have a lot of changes in the test cases at the moment)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Build the Ranorex Solution without having the Repository.cs file in the solution folder

Lack of Ranorex plugin in Teamcity we build our Ranorex solution via visual studio and because of that we need to store Repository.cs file in version control system.
    We always have merge conflict in this file and after the merge we need to rebuild our solution in Ranorex studio so that it re-generates Repository.cs file.

Could you create a solution for this problem or creating Ranorex plugin to Teamcity?

Thank you,
    Geza

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Multi-touch gesture support

Touch has been partially supported for a while but does not include complex gestures such as two finger pinch, twist, swipe etc

Multi-touch gestures should be supported.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Have a setting to select an alternate AbortKey without having to go to code

Newer Dell notebooks and Surface tablets no longer have a labeled Pause key. Our workaround has been to change Keyboard.AbortKey in the Program.cs file. Since the lack of a Pause key is machine-based it would be useful to have a user setting to select / override the coded Pause key.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mask global parameters in Data Binding and Report files

When using the ************************* plugin for example, all the Report files that will be sent to the **** board contain your credentials (defined in the global parameter section) such as the user name and the password. This is a huge security issue because everyone who has access to the board can actually download the Report files and search for the password defined as $Jira_Password = 'abc' for example.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Code Review for code Modules in Ranorex Studio

It would be a great idea to have a Code review functionality in Ranorex Studio.
    At present we don't have any provision in Ranorex for the review comments. the work around for it is to have again VS installed and raise the review request in VS and check the comments in the VS.

It would be great if Ranorex provide new window are open's new window with TFS data background.

Below is my requirement:
    Steps to Create New Code Module:
    1. We will get the task in TFS to create a code module.
    2. User1 will start the development of…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Keyboard shortcut to collapse all items

A shortcut to collapse all entries in "Module Browser", "Projects" and "Test Suite" Trees would be great:

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow module groups to contain modules from multiple projects

Sometimes we have to execute the same sequence of recordings multiple times. Not all of these recordings are from in the same project.
    Currently this is done by running the modules from a Code Module, but i think it would be more manageble if they could be grouped in a Module Group.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. protractor

Support execution of protractor capabilities in Ranorex, for Angular based Web applications (similar to the Selenium support)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your input.

May I ask what you want to achieve with this support? Because web applications are easy to automate by using plain Ranorex Studio anyway. And Ranorex also doesn’t have “Selenium support” in any way, it can just use the WebDriver infrastructure to run tests there.

I would really be interested in how you would picture such a support and whar use cases you would have/what problems this would solve for you.

Best Regards,
    Thomas from the Ranorex Product Management Team

13. Comments added to repository elements should be displayed in context menus tooltips for code modules.

Comments added to repository elements could be displayed in the context menu tooltip when adding it in code modules.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Report improvement - option to export report in CHM (compiled HTML help file) format

Hi,

Currently, Ranorex reports are not easy to distribute and view for non-technical people and people without installed Ranorex. Ranorex Report viewer does not exists as a standalone setup file and even if there would be such a thing like Rx report viewer installation package, people don't like installing an extra SW just for viewing reports ;)

Yes, we can save reports in HTML format, but this option creates list of files, which must be first compressed for easy distribution and then again, people must do some extra steps to view HTML-based report. True, there is available also PDF conversion,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. View step #'s on the report

I would like to be able to view the step #'s in the report.

As a user
    I want to be able to view corresponding step numbers on the report after testing has finished.
    So that I can troubleshoot more easily and note which steps often throw warnings.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ranorex Spy: Undo/Redo Changes

Whether you missclicked or did remove property in XPath tree on purpose, you always wanna go back in time or redo your changes so you can test various definitions on the go. As long as Spy window is open you should have the option of undoing or redoing your changes.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Handle system pop-ups and system applications on mobile devices

App Automation: Ranorex should be able to handle system pop-ups and system applications on mobile devices in the future.
    This both on Android and iOS

For example, HP-LeanFT can do this.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allowing global variable on Smart folder IF statement

Allow conditions for Smart Folder and Test Case to allow comparison in conditions to run Test Case and Smart Folder.

This is what I currently have to do because I am setting the global parameter and it's different casing depending on the source. It's even worst for Prod / Production.

Run this test container if "any" of the following rules are matched:
    Data Source> Trans > VendorID > is equal > VarVendorid

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add column "Pass/Fail" to TestSuite.rxtst file

It will be great to have this additional column in *.rxtst file to keep tracking results from Ranorex UI

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow run configurations to be copied.

Allow run configurations to be copied. Frequently I want to rerun a subset of an existing test configuration (for instance, rerunning failed tests). It would be helpful to just copy the original run configuration and edit it.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Ideas to Improve Ranorex

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base