Let us know your feature requests - also vote for others.

License Manager: Administrator can release a blocked floating license

Hi all,
I want to know how I or our administrator can unlock a floating license via the Ranorex License Manager?

Situation:
•User A starts Ranorex Studio using one Floating license
•User A leaves his Computer (while Ranorex Studio is running) and goes home
•User B wants to start Ranorex Studio using the Floating license which is blocked by User A

Requirement:
•certain persons (i.e. Administrator) with access to lic manager can close active connections manually

Goal:
•set locked floating license free manually via license manager

Thanks.
Niko

60 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Weissvonnix shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminRanorex (Ranorex Product Management, Ranorex) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear users,

I need your help to clarify this feature request, please!

Floating licenses should already be freed automatically when a user is idle or the machine gets locked (since Ranorex 6.0). The default idle time is 5 minutes.
    In other words, if a user is idle for 5 minutes or locks their computer, the license is already released and free to take for another user.

In order to make this work, you need to have the latest Ranorex License Manager running (at least >= 6.0).

Can you please provide feedback if the automatic release works for you? Thank you!

Best Regards,
    Alex
    Ranorex Team

• Tung Vu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be great. I consistently run into issue where Studio doesn't release the license after shutting down. I usually resort to opening and closing Studio again, waiting over 5 minutes after Studio closes and/or reboot the system running the license server.

• Ahmet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have 2 machines which are connecting license manager, but we are not able to locate them. While IT is trying to find those machines, I want to disable block those machines.

• Alexander Rutscheidt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But keep in mind, if a person goes home and leaves Ranorex open he may run an overnight test.
    In this case a forced license disconnect would perhaps destroy the test.

Feedback and Knowledge Base