Let us know your feature requests - also vote for others.

Reuse Testcases

Make it possible to use a testcase more than once in a testsuite, just as it is possible to reuse a recording or code module. This would allow more modular use of testcases.

109 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andreas Grasmüller shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Heather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are getting at, but I find it inconvenient and unorganized to repeat a smart folder in multiple test cases only to have to name it differently each time.

• Andy Simpson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I concur that this scenario would be very useful as it would allow the smart folder naming convention to be as succinct

• loonquawl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be very convenient to just use an instance of a Testcase, instead of the Testcase itself.

Would make everything much more easy to alter and service - especially if the user gets some say on the instance (have an instance of the testcase somewhere, in studio show that TC as it is, with checkboxes pre-enabled for every recording and module, so you can disable individual modules in that instance of the TC)

It would be like a cool module group, because module groups have that instantiation-goodness, but lack loopability and the possibilty of SmartFolders (which would provide conditionality) - the dis-/enabling of individual modules would just be another convenient twist on the general idea.

• Uwe Matzen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree as well. At the very least, SmartFolders shouldn't be required to be unique; or they could have a "Display Name" property that the TestSuite folder can be configured to display instead of Id.

• Uwe Matzen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree on this. I understand why testcase names should be unique,but with the addition of Smartfolders in 7.0, i becomes possible to simulate testcases with multiple configurable steps. But being forced to give them uniqiue names is pretty inconvenient.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would be helpful if we could name different TC's in one TestSuite s same if the TC's are located in different folders

• Pavel Kudrys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agree here! I often use the same TCs across my solution, but each TC needs its own unique name. And this is a real pain, because I often do same TC name-based magic in code (like enabling/disabling TCs or setting TC data range), which means I must not to forget to add each single TC name to my code ;)

Feedback and Knowledge Base