Ideas to Improve Ranorex

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us at Ranorex Uservoice.

1. Bring back SmartFolder information in ProgressDialog

Since upgrading from Ranorex 9.1.2 to 9.2.1 the progress dialog is missing SmartFolder information.
    This is a valuable information that is used to investigate failures since we use extensively Smart Folders in all of our test cases.
    Please bring back this feature ... or at least give us the option to customize it !

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. If a user opens multiple Ranorex solutions on the same machine it will take more than one Ranorex license

Hi,

At the moment, I'm comparing two Ranorex solutions at my own desk. I find it really annoying that it means that it's taking two licenses at the same time.

Is it possible to only use 1 license for that scenario? Since it's the same machine and the same user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. "Add to Whitelist" button

If you try to interact with an item not on your whitelist, Ranorex will show a warning, something to the effect of "This item is not on your whitelist". It would be nice if there was a button right there so I could immediately add it to the whitelist.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Support for AdoptOpenJDK J9 JVM

Hi. It was discovered by our QA automation team that Ranorex does not seem to discover the UI component hierarchy when running with the IBM J9 JVM (part of AdoptOpenJDK ).
    Since Oracle no longer provides timely security patches going forward except for paid subscribers ($millions per year if we pursued this), we, like many companies in the same predicament have gone the OpenJDK route. IBM graciously pushes timely security patches to their OpenJDK project, so we have settled on their distribution.
    Ranorex works with their Hotspot JVM, but does not with their J9 JVM which imbues our application with…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Put back information of Smart folder name in "Running" window (i.e. progress window)

Put back information of Smart folder name in progress window.

"Running" window contained the name of Smart folder too in the former Ranorex versions. This information made possible to design well-structured test cases where the same recording is called with different parameters.

In Ranorex 9 this information is intentionally deleted.

Without displaying the smart folder name the progress window does not hold any relevant information when using a well-structured test case.
    Ex.: In one of my tests each of 10 trains should go through 5 kind of (in total 7) transitions. So the test is implemented by 5 different recordings…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow to place testsuite inside folders.

For better organization and visualization, it would be interesting to allow the test suites to be contained within folders.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow same folder name within same test suite.

If I want to make a template that would be "fixed" I can not because I have to change its description at all times.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your input.

We are actually currently already developing this. In the future, it will be possible to have test cases and Smart Folders with the same name.

Best Regards,
    Thomas from the Ranorex Product Management Team

8. Allow to use conditions in TearDown.

I have to enter conditions to close the system, because several banks have different conditions.
    And I'm having to use a folder to put my Teardown on but it would be more effective to add the condition to every output.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enable Turbo Mode in the Test Suite.

Having to open Record in order to activate turbo mode is sometimes very bad and costly, it would be faster and more practical to enable Turbo Mode by clicking the mouse inside the test suite, and even being able to activate turbo mode on a test case all at once.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make position of progress dialog during test execution configurable

The progress dialog is displayed on the bottom right of the screen during test execution. Once the mouse pointer is moved there, it is positioned differently to reveal the area of interaction. However, in some cases, the progress dialog covers areas that are needed for visual debugging of the SUT. (For example when video recording is activated and the dialog covers an area where notificaitons are shown.) Deactivating the progress dialog is not always a viable solution.
    It would be very helpful to be able to configure where the progress dialog is positioned during test execution.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show all available JavaMethods on specific JavaElement

While a test engineer is automating a test it happens, that it is not known with native JavaMethods a specific JavaElement supports.

It would be great if Ranorex offers a method to show all available and application specific native Java Methods (like MethodWizard in UFT)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a button to Run and Report to TestRail in the Remote Console

As far as I'm aware, it is only possible to execute test runs on a remote agent and report the results to TestRail by executing a CLI command from within the Debug folder. It would be helpful to have the option to do this from the Remote Console. See the attached screenshot for an example.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We will take a look at this. Since it doesn’t seem to be a lot of work and could improve our TestRail integration in a meaningful way, it is very possible that you can find this in one of the next Ranorex releases.

Best Regards,

13. Support for JxBrowser version 7.3 and above

Hello,

Ranorex 9.2 is currently missing support for the latest versions of the popular JxBrowser v7.x.

JxBrowser version 6 is supported, but once the product is updated to v 7.3 (in my case), Ranorex Spy cannot detect any page elements.

Thanks,
    Bogdan L

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Chromium Based Edge browser support

Please provide support for chromium based edge support

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are currently already implementing support for the new, Chromium-based Edge browser. This new feature will be shipped with Ranorex 9.3.

Best Regards,

15. Ability for Simple Data Source to handle current, future and past dates without altering the input data using code

It would be a great help if the simple data source within Ranorex could handle current, future and past dates, (eg: today, today plus 1 day, today - 1 week, etc), without the need to alter the input using code/code module. We use current, past and future dates a lot and in a simple data source, it is not possible to do this without writing code, with alters the input data, so it would be great for this feature to exist, so that simple data sources can be used by people without coding experience, like other parts of Ranorex. This…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to write values back to a Simple Data Source without using code

It would be great if there was an action that could be added to the action table, that would allowed captured values to be written to a simple data source, for example, a user creates a quotation and captures the order number, they then want to recall that quotation, using the order number, to convert it to a sale, so writing the captured order number to a simple data source, without having to use code/code module would be a great help and addition to Ranorex and save us some much time when recording new scripts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option to control if a failing action shall cause the test to fail

I would like to be able to control if a failing action actually cause the test case to return as failed. A failing action is an easy way to make the remaining actions conditional. But it causes the test case and the entire test suite to be reported as failed, which is not (always) the intent.

What I need is a new property similarly to the 'Continue on fail':

Report failure?
    - True: A failure will cause the test to be reported as failed (like today)
    - False: A failure will not cause the test to be reported as failed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Split the Test Suite on n agent and merge the report in one

It would be useful the option to split the run of one test Suite in n different agent in parallel.
    At the end the report will be one with the merge of the parallel results.
    also it will be nice to have the options to choose in which agent will run a particular test case

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Create a simple API to add module programmatically to Ranorex project.

As the title says, allow us to have a quick way to add premade modules programmatically to Ranorex.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Official Oracle ODP.Net, Managed Driver

Using Official Oracle ODP.Net, Managed Driver package causes
    Ranorex test case to not produce a log file unless it is added with Visual Studio. I've attached the workaround we were told to use, but this is cumbersome for all of our testers to have to do any time they want to read from an Oracle DB.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This issue is actually caused by our NuGet sources not being on the latest version. We have that on our roadmap, although we can’t give you a release date for this yet.

Best Regards,

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas to Improve Ranorex

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base