Ideas to Improve Ranorex

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us at Ranorex Uservoice.

1. Report improvement - option to export report in CHM (compiled HTML help file) format

Hi,

Currently, Ranorex reports are not easy to distribute and view for non-technical people and people without installed Ranorex. Ranorex Report viewer does not exists as a standalone setup file and even if there would be such a thing like Rx report viewer installation package, people don't like installing an extra SW just for viewing reports ;)

Yes, we can save reports in HTML format, but this option creates list of files, which must be first compressed for easy distribution and then again, people must do some extra steps to view HTML-based report. True, there is available also PDF conversion,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support for screen dpi Scaling above 100%

Today's computers have HD screens or above, and for most laptop, it makes everything so small that ALL of the manufacturers recommend to use the Scaling at 125%
    All laptops that we use have the scaling 125% as a standard setting

We are testing desktop apps and Web pages
    All of those UI need to work fine in such a typical configuration: 125%
    I request that Ranorex supports the 125% dpi scaling in a much better way.
    All support blog that I see indicate to use only 100% scaling on all screens.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it possible to extend an existing repository, similar to sub-classing

We're testing an application which has a few variations with a series of elements that are common to all variants. Ideally we should be able to have one core repository with all common elements and "child repositories" that inherit from the core for each variant. This way modifications in a core repository would propagate to all child repositories and we could even have elements in child repositories that are found within containers defined at the parent/common level. Presently, we have to either include one same repository in test suites for each variant and have all variations' UI elements included in…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please add support for Perforce souce control

Since Ranorex does not support Perforce source control it is very hard to merge the .rxrep and .rxtst files when multiple people are developing in parallel.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Avoid TestRail Sync - Manual Mapping of Tests

Due to a recent bug that messed up my TestRail tests and my workflow I would love to get rid off the 2way sync between TestRail and Ranorex.

When I create tests I do this in TestRail...with a good documentation...good steps and so on...so as perfect as possible.

Then I just want to add a test in ranorex, right click on it and "Set TestRail ID...".
    From that time, the test is mapped to test testrail test without any synchronisation....just an easy mapping.

Benefits:
    - a sync error doesnt mess up the most important thing about my tests (the project…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add support for custom grid elements in Ellie Mae application

At this time, the grid elements in the Ellie Mae application are only accessible via the GDI plugin on a non-Windows 10 machines. Adding direct WPF plugin support for these custom grid elements will greatly improve object recognition and automation in the Ellie Mae application as these grid elements are used widely throughout.

[Support.US: Idea submitted on customers behalf (#31972)]

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Change Key Press Time for all Keyboard-Actions in Solution

It would be nice, if there would a setting to change the Keyboard "Press time" for all Key Sequence Actions currently available in the solution. So you can change ALL Keysequences from 100ms to 20ms for example. At the moment, there only is a setting for "Keyboard relation action time (ms)" in "Recorder Defaults", which only effects new Keyboard-Actions. It is a pain to change every Key-Sequence when you got over 100 Testcases.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Have option to ignore case when comparing UI text vs a database variable

I have a scenario where I need to compare text that is in a table on my page vs a value returned from a data driven loop. If the text on the UI is cased differently than my db value, it fails. I had to write code to convert the db variable to match the casing to do the compare. It seems very simple to have check to say "ignore case" and do the compare as all lowercase conversions.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ranorex recorder does not identifies Xpaths having relational operators in Object Repository

Many objects in our object repository contain relational operators like following-sibling, preceding-sibling, ancestor, parent etc., for example as shown below:

//b[@innertext='abc']/ancestor::tr/td[2]
    //a[@innertext='xyz']/parent::td/following-sibling::td
    //select[@id='abc123']/parent::td/preceding-sibling::td/label

Such objects can be highlighted using Spy without any issues, but not picked up in the recordings.

The recorder is creating duplicate objects for such elements with Xpaths like below:

body/div[2]/div/div[1]/div/div/?/?/table/tbody/tr[2]/td[@innertext~'^ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ ']

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Popupwatcher screenshot

Add possibility to take a screenshot anytime a popupwatcher object is recognized.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please add an option to map the Ranorex automation result to the custom status on the Test Rail

The automation test results are defaulting to the system 'Test Status' on TestRail.

(e.g)Ranorex - Test Rail (System name)
    --------------------------------------------------
    Successful - Passed (passed)
    Failed - Failed (failed)
    Blocked - Untested (untested)

As shown in the attached image we have some custom test statuses on TestRail (e.g Automation Pass, Automation Fail) instead of the System status we want use our custom test status in Test Rail for the Ranorex automation results
    Please consider adding this as a feature in Ranorex to map the automation test results to a custom test status on TestRail?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Upload the report automatically to the created Jira issue

Since version 9.1.0, I started to use Jira integration, I use automatically issue handling.

I'd like to see an option to upload the report to the created jira issue.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow data-binding of option labels in a select list

Currently, the set value method for a selection list only allows setting the TagValue so if the HTML looks like this:
    <option value="552">ABA</option> a human user would know to click on "ABA" and doesn't care about the value. However, in our test, we have to have this:
    Set value Tag Value 552
    We would like to be able to do something like
    Set Value Text ABA.
    or something like that.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Duplicating a recording module inside of the same project instead of having to create a new one and copy/paste the steps into it.

Going to save a lot of time instead of copying a test suite to run on a different platform/Environment.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. View step #'s on the report

I would like to be able to view the step #'s in the report.

As a user
    I want to be able to view corresponding step numbers on the report after testing has finished.
    So that I can troubleshoot more easily and note which steps often throw warnings.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Custom fields for Jira

One of the key features we were looking forward to with Ranorex 9 was the Jira plugin that allows us to integrate our tests with Jira. Unfortunately it is currently not possible to fill certain custom fields like dropdown lists automatically.
    This is somewhat vexing especially when you have a bunch of those as required fields.

I would like to see a functionality that allows me to add custom fields to Jira.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your input.

We are constantly searching for ways to improve our Jira integration, especially since it’s so new. We will keep that in mind, and since our old (unofficial) Jira integration was able to handle custom fields, this would be a logical next step for this feature.

Best Regards,
    Thomas from the Ranorex Product Management Team

17. Search with Multiple Keywords in Group Module Browser.

We are working on a project with large number of Group Modules (200+) and this number keeps on increasing. So, it is a hectic job to search group modules with single keyword as the search will result in large number of group modules with the same keyword in its name. Searching group modules with multiple keywords like "keyword1" and "keyword2" will make searching of Group Modules very easy.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will talk about it, however, we beliebe that module browser view and project view are not the perfect solution altogether. It is likely that we will do a major overhaul for these two (where this problem would be addressed, of course) before we will tackle some small feature like this on its own. However, we don’t have a time frame on this yet.

Best Regards,
    The Ranorex Product Management Team

18. the forest hill condo

The forest hill Condos

Mrboltz@2

theforesthillcondos@gmail.com

416-4197001

The forest hill Condos will be located at 859 Eglinton Avenue West in Toronto. This modern condominium residence will stand 16 storeys high with 253 mixed sized condo units. The project is currently in registration for pre-construction.

Demand at Bathurst and Eglinton has remained high for years and with the new Eglinton Crosstown LRT nearing completion, demand is expected to grow exponentially. The forest hill Condos will have the luxury of a new station at its doorstep. Literally, access to the new station is just a 1 minute walk away. With transit growth…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Use custom report templates also for ReportToPDFModule

At the moment (V9.0) the PDF converter don't use the custom report templates,
    As the ReportToPDFModule does not use the templates the generated pdf is not much of use. You have to make the pdf from the custom report by hand.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow linkage into Atlassian Jira, not just for bug submission

We create and track requirements in Jira. We need a way to link a requirement issue to a Ranorex test to show coverage.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We always look for ways to make our Jira integration better. We will evaluate if and how such a way to link Ranorex tests with requirements would be possible.

Best Regards,
    The Ranorex Product Management Team

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas to Improve Ranorex

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base