Ideas to Improve Ranorex

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us at Ranorex Uservoice.

Let us know your feature requests - also vote for others.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Record and playback mouse movement exactly as user moved mouse during recording

Please consider adding recording and playback of mouse movements exactly as the user moved the mouse during recording. This is essential for testing our applications since we interact with 3D objects in a viewport and currently we do not get exactly the same output pictures after playing back a script as we got when the script was first recorded. This feature is also needed for testing other types of interactions in our applications such as drawing a freehand curve in a viewport.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Backgroundcolor für 3rd Party Control from Telerik

Actually it is not possible, to get the backgroundcolor for Objects from 3rd Party Control from Telerik.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Remove temporary test suite variable values in Release configuration

Test suite variables are often used to pass values from one test case to another. For instance, a producer test case A writes a value in a variable x and a consumer test case B (which belongs to the same higher level test case) reads the value afterwards.

During test case development or debugging, one often fills test suite variables with temporary values in order to save execution time. For instance, if a developer wants to execute test case B without having to execute test case A first, he can do so by assigning a (temporary) default value to the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Keystroke optimization to other languages

On Ranorex 8.0, the option "Use keystroke optimization" only applies to the English alphabet characters.
    I would be great if the option has applied to any other languages.

For instance, to record the values as the final value on the edit before focus to another control.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make Auto Create /Auto Bind work in case of several Variables of same name

Auto-bind and Auto-create work well for cases with just one variable of the same name in the current context.
    Yet if there are two variables (e.g. "Var") of the same name in one context, Ranorex offers them as "Var [1]" and "Var [2]" - that would work out, if
    a) in the case of Variable Binding it was possible to have those names as headers of data columns (it isn't, the names get altered to "Var__1_", or
    b) in the case of Parameters it was possible to Auto-bind the module variables to Parameters of that name (a Parameter "Var [1]"…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. We need a tool to reformat Ranorex repository images to resolve failures due to the addition of WpfImprovedOnly setting.

We have a few large and ongoing Ranorex test suites to support our product development and release cycle. With Ranorex enhancements that added the WpfImprovedOnly plugin setting that is not compatible with the older settings. Auto updates based on local project settings have caused multiple images to be recorded with different plugin setting that have broken our automation. We need a Ranorex tool to reformat image properties to be compatible again rather than re-recording large quantities of images to return our tests to a functional state.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. enable instrumentation of IPA, which itself deploys to IWatch

Issue while deploying an instrumented .ipa to iPhone, which includes a deployment to a Apple Watch (from the mobile device IPA)

Regular deployment of the ipa (not via Ranorex) deploys successfully to the device and Apple Watch wearable (IPA deploys automatically to the watch, as part of its own deployment to the mobile device).

iPhone has its own UDID. Apple Watch also has its own standalone UDID.

Ranorex deploys the ipa to iPhone using the iPhone's UDID in the .mobileprovision file (successfully). The iPhone attempts to deploy the Apple Watch App (which is included in the IPA) and fails, since…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Validation fail User definable

the user would have the choice to make the test fail and stop at the failed validation point or throw a warning of some sort and continue with the test.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Swipe gesture support in Spy for mobile app

Add the ability to perform swipe operations in Spy. This would be incredibly use for mobile app automation. The Ensure Visible method is not very reliable for iOS native app. I would normally have to perform a swipe gesture. Finding the correct element to perform the swipe gesture is very tedious. Being able to do this in Spy would great speed things up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Inflexible implementation of SmartFolders.

1. One cannot put a Testcase in a Testcase anymore, but in my opinion it is an common case to do so. For example if testcase B is a subset of testcase A.
    2. One cannot build a treepath only containing SmartFolders. In this Case you cannot put a Module in. So there have to be a testcase in this treepath.

Because the only difference between testcases and smartfolders is that smartfolders are not included in evaluation (pie chart) in the report. Better and more flexible implementation would be to have a flag like "include in report evaluation" on testcases.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to create folder when you want to move an action to a new Recording Modules

The ability to create a new folder to select as a Module destination when you use the Move to New Recording function would be highly convenient.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. OpenBrowser arguments based of used browser

Hi,

I would like to see an option to instruct OpenBrowser action to use browsers'-bound arguments. Currently, OpenBrowser allows only one set of arguments, which is not enough in case the test is run in multiple browsers. You see, Chrome arguments are not compatible with IE or FF and vice versa. The only workaround is to use a code module with condition and browser name variable bound to that user code. But I think it would be much nicer to have such option directly in recording module. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Recognize Telerik-Elemente, specially Tooltips

At the Moment it is not possible to recognize tooltips from Telerik-Objects. After Evaluation with the hotkey "T" for Tooltip-Elements the property tooltip from one object do´nt contain the value for the tooltip, i. e. there ist no value for Evaluation. It is empty. Therefore it is not possible to evaluate tooltips from Telerik-Objects.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Task Scheduler to use Arguments from Data as trigger

I am running the Ranorex solution through Task Scheduler and would like to put the argument that only those iterations should be executed with the name of Scottsdale.

Is there any option in Add Arguments- to do so. Image attached for reference.

Note: I was told that I can use the IF Condition but in that case, I have to open the solution every time to change the value.

I am looking for something that I can add as an Argument and then run it automatically for other argument by duplicating the Task in Task Scheduler.

Please assist.

Ritesh.aggarwal@kubra.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow UI access to the overloaded methods and return values in the validate class

Only a small portion of the overloaded methods are accessible through the user interface. As I reviewed other suggestions before creating this post, I found that many of these requests could be met by making the overloads available through the UI much what was done with the OpenBrowser method.

In my case I'm most interested in the ExceptionOnFail boolean. Further, I'd like to be able to access the return value through the UI so I can bind it to a parameter which will drive SmartFolder conditional execution.

For example doing an Exist validation on an object will return a true/false…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please add an option/axis to identify element(s) without children elements

In certain cases, it would be useful to have an option to identify an element, which contains NO children elements.

Please try the below HTML sample here:
    https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_div_test

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <body>

<div style="color:#0000FF">
    <p>Text_1</p>
    </div>
    <div style="color:#0000FF">
    </div>
    <div style="color:#FF00FF">
    <p>Text_3</p>
    </div>

</body>
    </html>

Let's say I need to identify a DIV tag, which is a sibling of DIV tag with string Text_1, but only if the DIV tag contains no children elements. I'f I'm not mistaken, there is currently no way do it with the xpath?

Here is the best xpath I was able to create:
    /dom[@caption='Tryit Editor…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Create GUI Test for gfx

I would to test program which is written by gfx with Ranorex.

Thanks in advance
    With Best Regards

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to test Apple TV and Android TV

It would be great if you could make Ranorex able to instrument Apple TV apps and Android TV apps and make the automation run on either a physical device or an emulator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Ideas to Improve Ranorex

Feedback and Knowledge Base