Ideas to Improve Ranorex

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us at Ranorex Uservoice.

1. Poupart Syndic Inc - Syndic a Montréal-Nord

Address
    6263 Boulevard Maurice-Duplessis #107
    Montreal, QC
    H1G 1Y7
    Canada
    Website
    poupartsyndic.ca
    Phone
    +1 514-796-0474
    Keywords
    Poupart Syndic
    Description
    Poupart Syndic Inc. est un syndic autorisé en insolvabilité offrant des solutions personnalisées à vos problèmes avec vos finances personnelles.
    Hour
    Monday to Friday
    8am to 5pm

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create separate reports for every testcase within a testsuite

It would be nice if you have added the ReportToPDFModule to every separate testcase within a testsuite , every testcase would generate its own report. This especially would come in handy If you use the 'failed" value for variable ReportToPDFModule.Detail because with that setting you are only interested in the failed testcase

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add number of license conflicts to the license server monitoring tool report

Currently the report from the Llicense server monitoring tool shows Total leases/day, Max concurrent premium leases/day and Max concurrent runtime leases/day.
    It would be useful to show the number of times/day when people tried to access licenses but got rejected because there was none available.
    This will help managers better access their license needs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Convert Record Modules to UserCode Modules

It would be nice to have a possibility to convert an existing record module into a code module with all its actions. For Example, there could be an entry in the contextmenu of the Project Browser. Use case: You have an existing record module and need to extend it with items you can only do in code. Instead of copying all actions to a new Code Module, it would be nice to convert the Record Module to a Code Module.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enable Turbo Mode in the Test Suite.

Having to open Record in order to activate turbo mode is sometimes very bad and costly, it would be faster and more practical to enable Turbo Mode by clicking the mouse inside the test suite, and even being able to activate turbo mode on a test case all at once.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability for Simple Data Source to handle current, future and past dates without altering the input data using code

It would be a great help if the simple data source within Ranorex could handle current, future and past dates, (eg: today, today plus 1 day, today - 1 week, etc), without the need to alter the input using code/code module. We use current, past and future dates a lot and in a simple data source, it is not possible to do this without writing code, with alters the input data, so it would be great for this feature to exist, so that simple data sources can be used by people without coding experience, like other parts of Ranorex. This…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Option to control if a failing action shall cause the test to fail

I would like to be able to control if a failing action actually cause the test case to return as failed. A failing action is an easy way to make the remaining actions conditional. But it causes the test case and the entire test suite to be reported as failed, which is not (always) the intent.

What I need is a new property similarly to the 'Continue on fail':

Report failure?
    - True: A failure will cause the test to be reported as failed (like today)
    - False: A failure will not cause the test to be reported as failed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create a simple API to add module programmatically to Ranorex project.

As the title says, allow us to have a quick way to add premade modules programmatically to Ranorex.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Official Oracle ODP.Net, Managed Driver

Using Official Oracle ODP.Net, Managed Driver package causes
    Ranorex test case to not produce a log file unless it is added with Visual Studio. I've attached the workaround we were told to use, but this is cumbersome for all of our testers to have to do any time they want to read from an Oracle DB.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your input.

This issue is actually caused by our NuGet sources not being on the latest version. We have that on our roadmap, although we can’t give you a release date for this yet.

Best Regards,
    Thomas from the Ranorex Product Management Team

10. Overwrite global parameters and description for Ranorex agent

would be great to have possibility to overwrite global parameters for Ranorex Agent remote testing.
    Like it is possible for Jenkins ranorex plug in

Now i need always to change it manually in a Test suite itself and this value then saved to Test Suite.
    It is not really handy . Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Rundeck

Currently Ranorex is integrated to Jenkins and Azure DevOps. It would be cool to integrate also GoCD and Rundeck.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Rundeck and GoCD both have very little market presence and don’t appear anywhere in our customer surveys at all. We will continue to observe their development, but unless they gain a significant market share in the CI/CD market in the future, we won’t be building integrations for those anytime soon.

Best Regards,

12. Description recording module

It would be interesting to be able to put a description for a recording module so that this description is used by default when adding the recorder module in a test suite

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. support descriptive icons in Object Repository items used in Web Application

It would be nice to be able to choose an icon that represent the Item in the object repository for a Web Application. Similar to what is currently more or less automatic when the object repository is for a Windows Application.

I.e. small icon that represent buttons, input fields, radio button, checkboxes, text types (heading, body text, link etc.), dropdown etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. the forest hill condo

The forest hill Condos

Mrboltz@2

theforesthillcondos@gmail.com

416-4197001

The forest hill Condos will be located at 859 Eglinton Avenue West in Toronto. This modern condominium residence will stand 16 storeys high with 253 mixed sized condo units. The project is currently in registration for pre-construction.

Demand at Bathurst and Eglinton has remained high for years and with the new Eglinton Crosstown LRT nearing completion, demand is expected to grow exponentially. The forest hill Condos will have the luxury of a new station at its doorstep. Literally, access to the new station is just a 1 minute walk away. With transit growth…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Randomize the execution order of test cases within a test suite

Allow test cases within a test suite to be run in a random order.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make Qt Mobile testing available

It will make Ranorex truly all-round if Qt mobile testing will be available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Variable warning if bound but not used in the recording

Hello,

a smaller idea / improvement. If I have a variable that is bound (no warning anymore) but I forgot to use it in the recording.

I once had this situation scratching my head and looking why the test was not working, I had the correct binding etc. but the test was doing the wrong things because the variable was not used in that recording
    and instead he was using some other value.

Best,
    Marcel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a way to disable the check for data files that have been updated externally

Each file is being "touched" externally during each build, I assume by our Antivirus software, causing every single data file to prompt to reload.
    Since corporate IT has locked down the settings so there is no way to exclude our Ranorex directory it would be nice to have a setting that would stop the Studio from checking if the files have been updated.
    Similar to the option that allows you to disable the check for non-data files being updated externally.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Open PDF in Ranorex

I was tryin to test my app, where i receive a PDF-file with E-Mail. the Idee was to login in RxBrowser and Open PDF to check if everything is OK. This is not supported in RxBrowser. it will be very nice, when i don't need any other tools as Appium to do this. So i can do that in One flow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently, we don’t have any updates planned to the RxBrowser, because we see the shift of interest towards using WebDriver endpoints also on mobile devices. I can’t tell if this direction (also within Ranorex) will change, but currently the RxBrowser doesn’t get any more support than possible Bugfixes.

Best Regards,

20. Report - add seperator

When some tests becomes to grow, it would be nice to have the possibility to insert into the report a seperator (e.g. line with a title) in order to make the report more readable (e.g. Initialization phase, or change settings, etc).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Ideas to Improve Ranorex

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base