Ideas to Improve Ranorex

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us at Ranorex Uservoice.

Let us know your feature requests - also vote for others.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Remote Recording/Running Agent

Will be It would be really wonderful and efficient to have a remote recording agent...
    Example: recording and Running directly on the remote VM or Virtual Environment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate Ranorex in the mobile build process

Currently for mobile recording (SPY mapping) with Ranorex we have to make a package then decompile it, integrate the Ranorex functions and subsequently recompile to finally install and test with lots of pains...
    It would be much more interesting to be able to have the capacity of the recording at any time. This could be done by integrating the Ranorex functions into the package compilation from the IDE or Buildozer (Swift, Android Studio, Visual Studio, Visual Code, Jenkins, etc.) rather than

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Auto Multiplex Environment Switch Recording Actions

Would be super nice to be able to record on multiple browser or mobile devices and auto detecte difference mapping and put it on the same action step with a switch inside. Example:
    Click on submit can be the same in Chrome, Firefox but not in Edge so on recording start option you have to choose which environment you want simultaneously record. So the result of the recorded step action should have a switch behavior for different mapping and runs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Full Integrated Virtual Mobiles Capability

1. Should never have to setup any mobiles to do recording and running tests !
    2. Would be nice to have different emulated devices
    No need complexe flaky infrastructure on the side to be ready to go!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Database Validation Recording Actions

Compare a database value with a UI value and/or API value.
    By simply example: a connexion string and a SQL query.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. API & Web Service Validation Recording Actions

Like Postman, but integrated in the Ranorex Validation actions. Would be nice to be able to validate by xml or json on URL query GET, POST, PUT, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The Mobile Streaming Recording

This would be a huge improvement difference user experience!
    Now we have the ability to do actions by SPY... Why stop there!, Step up with a Recording mobile click like we do with the browser recording way, WOW!
    With this way we could be full interactive recording with a complete user experience recording scenario like: 1.Do admin settings by desktop recording, validate the user confirmation on the web portal by browser recording, 3.validate if the user new settings is done and work well by the mobile streaming recording. (on the same recording)... No way I want it now! :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. German documentation

It ist (for me) a good assistance, if the documentation in
    "Ranorex User guide", "Ranorex Help Center" and in "RanoreXPath – Tips and Tricks" are not only in English but also in German too. It is for me (in Germany) time consuming every time, if i try to understand the english documentation via english translator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. RootFolder-Links

We have a complex wpf-program to test. To do so we have been created several repositories. It would be very helpfull to link a root folder from one to another repository.
    E.g. you have a repository "adress" and one called "article". Selecting within arctivel the delivery-adress the adress-dialog will opend within a modal dialog.
    But you can also open the same wpf-view from the ribbon menu.

Using RootFolder-links you would be able to link all controls downwards the view.

Specialy in xaml it would be helpfull (look at the custom controls e.g.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Generate PDF report with only failed or passed testcases information

Current pdf result report contains information about all passed and failed testcases.
    Can you provide the facility to generate the pdf report with only failed testcases with only failure cause, so it will be more quick to find out failed test scenarios.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Improved watch functionality

The way in which we can maintain watches on variables within the code library appears to be limited. It would be nice if we could
    - highlight a variable in the code and add a watch via right clicking and using the context menu.
    - add a context menu to the textbox shown when adding a watch (currently you can't right click to paste in what you want it to be for example). The watch window itself looks like it could be tidied up a little.
    - show the treeview in the watch window correctly. Currently if the watch item…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add ability to change adapter.functionexecutiontimeout in recording settings

Add ability to change adapter.functionexecutiontimeout in the settings for 'Current Recording' and 'Recorder Defaults' so that we have better control of when Ranorex reports an 'ApplicationNotRespondingException'.

This extra control will allow us to detect unresponsive AUT more accurately and allow the timeout to be extended where the AUT is expected to be unresponsive e.g. hard drive read/write or slow network etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ranorex editor and national keyboard layout

Please do not override general keyboard handler in Ranorex Editor.

Ranorex is not able to handle national keyboards ex. Hungarian keyboard.
    For example: "{" and "}" characters are accessible by <Alt Gr><B> and <Alt Gr><N> respectively. I need to switch to English keyboard (from my default Hungarian one) to type those characters while editing user code. This is very inconvenient since Hungarian keyboards do not show English layout.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. "Run Configuration" to remember Data Binding Sources of Smart Folders

This will allow to run the same test suites with different Data Sources just by selecting a proper Run Configuration.
    It is useful for testing devices or applications with a similar set of features but having differences in configuration values.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mobile key press {Overview}

Add 'Recent Apps'/'Overview' option to the Android mobile key press action to allow a test to fully close an app rather than 'minimise' it through the {Home} option. If an app cannot be instrumented then it can still be tested through the OS, but the CloseApplication action doesn't work on OS apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Expected image and Searched image use diff image type

When checking ranorex report, I found the Expected Image and Searched Image use different file type, Expected image is jpg, and Searched Image is png. it will cause false alarm when doing the comparison.

if possible could we use same image type for expected and searched image? it is a good choice to use png since png quality is better than jpg.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Import and export all the user codes in user code collections

I need to import several UserCodes to the UserCodeCollection, but it does not have the option to upload all of them at once
    Only one by one, and also if I wish to export all the UserCodeCollection at once, it does not have that option. It will be good to have that import and export option for more than one user code. I often use the codes from user code collection in my test modules, and i have also created many new usercodes and added them to the user code collection. i wanted to be able to export all the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Web Capturing for API Testing

If I want to run an API/Service layer test, it would be great to be able to record these calls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Modules based on Configuration

I have a website and a mobile App. To get to the user configuration section in the website, I click on the user, then configuration. To get to the user configuration section in the web app, I first click on a menu, then the user, then configuration.

I would like to have all of my business logic within one test, and call that same test from either web or on the phone.

The way to do this would be to be able to have 2 separate modules, one called UserConfigWeb and the other called UserConfigAndroid, etc.

Then I would like…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide ability to import selenium code into Ranorex Studio

we have another application which generates selenium code which can be exported and saved. We would like the ability to import selenium code into ranorex studio to be added to our test suite.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Ideas to Improve Ranorex

Feedback and Knowledge Base