Ideas to Improve Ranorex

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us at Ranorex Uservoice.

1. flexibility to zoom in repository item in studio and in ranorex spy, will increase redability without strain

User should be able to zoom in the text information of repositories in studio and in spy. the text display is too small which is bit starining.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Including milliseconds at Wall clock (machine time stamp) format.

Including milliseconds at Wall clock (machine time stamp) format.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Sort Endpoints

I would like to sort the endpoints by alphabetical order.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. highlight element via code

I would like to see a built in method to highlight an element via user code for debugging and visual object verification like is outlined in this posting:

https://www.ranorex.com/forum/is-it-possible-to-highlight-an-element-from-usercode-t9825.html

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Disable Smart Folder like an action via Right Mouse Button from Context Menu

Actually it is possible to disable a Smart Folder via Klick to the Check-Box from Smart Folder.
    I miss the possibility to able and disable a smart Folder like a particular Action via Context Menu and choose the menu item "Disable". Therefore it is possible particular smart Folder exclude from the Test Suite and therefore i do not deactivate this smart Folder each time, if i activate or deactivate the test case.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Running Ranorex tests directly on mono (http://www.mono-project.com/) such I can run everything on docker-based infra

I automate a lot of tooling, lately I have used mono to run windows stuff on docker containers in K8S.

I like to see running an exported Ranorex test as exe to run directly on mono

Please see Dockerfile just for the concepts,

Could be merged to one Dockerfile, but I execute the tests with the builder script.

I was also thinking to run directly the rxtst files with:

mono Ranorex-7.2.0.exe <sample>.rxtst

So this helps you with the other Vote: Ranorex to run in Unix based CI ;)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Comparing UI elements identifying differences and similarities

Sometimes it is not quite obvious why one element can be used and another one not although both are visible or how to distinguish two elements. In this case it would be very useful if Ranorex Spy offers the possibility comparing all available attributes of two (or more) different UI elements.

By this option it would be much easier pointing out attribute differences and/or similarities.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Turn Ranorex.Plugins On/Off

If we were able to turn off / remove Ranorex plugins from our projects / solutions we would be able to further optimise our projects, and also it would provide an extra degree of freedom.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Commandline option to disable a test module from running

I have a test scenario where I need to install an older version of our product (under test) in preparation for an upgrade.

Our test cases have evolved against the current release of our software. Most of the tests work but I want to skip one specific test module.

We run the test cases via the commandline.

It would be handy if there was an option that allowed me to flag a test module as disabled via the commandline.

It can be done via the UI or by setting up a test run but both of these options require changing…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Conditions enhancement: Conditions on repository-level

I've just started working with the new conditions-feature, which is basically good.
    But I would need to set conditions even on repository-level and therefore I would also need more options then equal and not equal.
    Simple Example:
    In a testcase I get sometimes a popup, depends on the date of execution. To handle this situation I still need to work with user code to check if the window exists or not and start the right actions afterwards.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can we have the feature to pass the instance of the Chrome that was opened by Ranorex using endpoint to use Selenium API with it.

It will be good if we can get the instance of the opened chrome or web application (using endpoint). so that we can use the web instance as selenium API function to it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. LabView Support for newer Ranorex versions

LabView Support or Plugin like in former Ranorex versions would be helpful

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Conditions enhancement: add possibility to set new data range if a condition is met

In many of my test cases, I need to set the data range, based of parent data connector variable or parameter value. Currently, I'm doing this via code, which is kind of messy and so obvious for new team members. Since we now have Conditions in Ranorex, it would be great to have an option not only enable/disable the container, but also set new data range. Thanks for considering this!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Be able to set image validation Properties defaults

In Settings it is possible to set the Image Similarity threshold for image comparisons to 0,97, such that for all image comparisons I will make in the future in the properties of those Validation steps the Image similarity is put to 0,97. Now I also would like to set as default the Properties-options: Report Similarity to Always and Continue on Fail to True. However I need to do this for every Validation I make again and again, is there no way to set it once and for all?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make Binded data viewable in ranorex report(.rxzlog) with a single click

Upto to now, in the Ranorex report by clciking on 'expand details' button, it just expand the modules in the Report, however it doesn't expands the binded data of the corresponding test case, so as of now we have to go to each test case and to click on the 'view data' button in order to see the binded data. It would be good to have a button which expands all fields in a single click in the Report (probably in the 'Expand Details' button itself).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Nested Queries in RanorexPath

Today RanorexPath can not handle nested queries (aka predicate queries). Such nested queries would be extremely useful in identifying an object based on child objects such as a row with specific cell contents or a form with specific child nodes.

For example:

//form[//text[@AccessibleName='Mark mixture as surface ?']] would return the form object directly. However under the current implementation the RxPath would have to get to the text object and that traverse back up to the Form object. //form//text[@AccessibleName='Mark mixture as surface ?']/ancestor::form

See https://www.ranorex.com/forum/x-path-not-working-in-ranorex-spy-t11008.html and https://www.ranorex.com/forum/ranorexpath-with-descendant-predicates-t7764.html

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Call a user code module with parameters at Testsuite level and change/fill parameter values without opening data binding interface

It would be great to have a feature to call user code module directly under Testsuite level with parameters and these parameters can be filled/changed directly without having to open data binding interface.

In recording module, this feature is already available.
    It just need to be implemented at Testsuite level.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Table checkpoints

When working with a Table say a webtable, the end user should be able to add validation on entire table contents same as QTP and also data drive / parameterise it. which minimizes coding.

Ranorex should have all the built-in checkpoints similar to that of QTP with datadriving ability, however at present it validates only the attributes of an element in question.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas to Improve Ranorex

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base