Let us know your feature requests - also vote for others.

Visual Studio plugin

Many Ranorex users prefer to use the MS Visual Studio IDE because of it's power and familiarity for .NET coding. It would be nice if Ranorex would make a VS plugin that was capable of presenting the test suites, repos, and modules the same way that Ranorex Studio does. This would allow us to use whichever IDE we are most comfortable with.

77 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kelly shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • mp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As someone evaluating Ranorex, I like what I see so far, but this feature not existing could very well be a deal breaker.

• Kostiantyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a person who has seen your product presentation directly to the concrete company (2 years ago approximately), I can definitely state that you still try to invent the bicycle instead of try to allow people, who can work with C# code directly, to use all the VS power. I hope that you will apply proper decision as it was done by your competitor Micro Focus much earlier. You shouldn't be so lazy with this question, 'cause auditory of real professionals will be definitely decreased and you may lost potential clients as it was with me few years ago, unfortunately. I hope to see the similar developed functionality to Silk4Net quite soon, because it's ok! to go with the real time right now, not yesterday even.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

also VS is up-to-date on C#, Ranorex isn't. They still are far behind C#6.0 and this makes working with Ranorex feel like Java 1.6 in Eclipse instead of Groovy\Kotlin in IntellJ...

Feedback and Knowledge Base