Let us know your feature requests - also vote for others.

Support multiple test suites within one project

To prevent ugly merges involving rxtst files, we would like to isolate the tests being worked on by different team members to unique test suites (rxtst files). The problem is that only the main Test Suite gets an executable file and only it can be run and deployed on remote machines. We would like Ranorex to support multiple Test Suites in a single project (maybe each rxtst gets an exe generated so they can be called via command line).

I see another user had the same request here: https://www.ranorex.com/forum/adding-multiple-rxtst-files-to-project-improving-svn-t9742.html

44 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Todd G shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Fang commented  · 

The current rxtst structure is not friendly to code merge tools. If multiple people change the same rxtst file greatly, it is nearly impossible to merge the change.

So, the simplest approach is: rxtst add support multiple level hierarchy, and each user just need modify their own rxtst file.

• AdminRanorex (Admin, Ranorex) commented  · 

Hello,

I would like to better understand the setup of your test environment/teams and what the actual problem is why you want to have multiple test suites in one project. Why don't you use multiple projects instead? If you split your project into multiple projects you will also experience less merge conflicts.

I really appreciate it if you could help me better understand your situation/feature request.

Kind regards,
        Ranorex Product Management Team

• Wiktor Pajor commented  · 

You can have multiple .rxtst files and call them independently with the command line.
        Ex: program -ts:NewSuite.rxtst
        We have a team of multiple qa-devs, and many suites that are individual .rxtst files.
        This makes any merge or execution much easier.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I second this feature. The sooner the better in Ranorex.

Feedback and Knowledge Base