Let us know your feature requests - also vote for others.

Support for C#6 and 7 language version

It would be nice to have the ablity to use the same language features as in visual studio. Without having to worry about version difference.

38 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

René Brekelmans shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tim Powell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm trying to use auto-property initializers to get rid of my code smell errors flagged by SonarQube. This would help me keep the code clean.

• J-F Lemay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my knowledge if you use the latest msbuild(vs2017) ,to compile your Ranorex solution , Ranorex is able to use and recognize the c# 6 and 7 expression. I have a lot of string interpolation(a c# 6 feature) in my Rx solution and it works fine as long that I make sure to use the latest msbuild.

• Jarrett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also need support for .NET Standard and .NET Core. Seems like the SharpDevelop community has stopped progressing after the release of Roslyn and VS Code.

• Ivica Mamic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With Ranorex 8, you should really go forward to C# 6.0 and 7.0, if you don't want to stay behind...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to use several C#6 features in my Ranorex project. Please support this ASAP.

• Kelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ranorex Studio is built on SharpDevelop 4, which has a max .NET version of 4.5. Ranorex's libraries must maintain compatibility with SD4 in order for Studio to continue to work, so they compile with .NET 4.5.

You are free to use a higher level of .NET in your actual test, but Ranorex Studio may not be able to parse the new language features, so code completion and error marking will not work with .NET versions higher than 4.5

Feedback and Knowledge Base