Let us know your feature requests - also vote for others.

Remote Test Execution via CommandLine

Since Ranorex 6.0 it's possible to do Remote Tests with Ranorex Agents. Starting of such tests is only possible with Ranorex Studio. It would be great to start these tests via CommandLine.

48 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andrea HöllwirthAndrea Höllwirth shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • chanrobechanrobe commented  · 

I agree. We have a serious need for this functionality. We want to trigger tests remotely utilizing Ranorex Agents to fully automate our workflow. Having to utilize Ranorex Studio to trigger these tests is a serious limitation.

• Darwin SteckelbergDarwin Steckelberg commented  · 

Agreed--we want our tests scheduled and not triggered only on a CI system as we have multiple environments and configurations to test on. This would be a big help!

• AishvaryaAishvarya commented  · 

Hi, can you give us timeline on this?

We are working towards adding our desktop applications tests in CI.
        I have automated tests written in ranorex that I want to run on a remote machine. Currently I can do it using the Ranorex agent but I have to do it manually and cannot schedule them.
        I do have a jenkins server but I do not want to have all the installations there. I want to trigger tests from jenkins but those tests should be run on a dedicated ranorex test machine which will have the agent installed.

Is there a way I can achieve this through CLI? I know I can run ranorex tests from CLI but how do I pass in the agent name in the CLI param?
        Or maybe using some API?

• OlegOleg commented  · 

Launching tests on remote agents via command line is probably the only thing stopping us at the moment from purchasing Ranorex licenses. Please do consider adding it!!!

• aminaamina commented  · 

I would like to launch the agent from Jenkins but without a windows command this is not possible.

It will be very interesting if this feature is available.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This feature request should get more support. It would be a huge upgrade to Ranorex if we can finally run remote tests with agents via CLI.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree: Without such a command line feature the Ranorex Agent has only a low value!

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is really important for us too

• Anonymous commented  · 

without this feature tool is incomplete

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is a must feature. Requesting to implement soon as command line is must for execution.

• Venkatesh R HegdeVenkatesh R Hegde commented  · 

I believe this is an important step in the right direction. Rather than having a human press a button in the studio, We would be able to schedule CI runs via command line. This would be a great feature addition.

• Jonathan GlaserJonathan Glaser commented  · 

The agent provides a similar inhouse solution that we are looking to replace. I don't want to have to beg..but, please go forward with this.

• Abhishek H.Abhishek H. commented  · 

I suggest it is a good Idea. I as tester when suggesting a batch run where multiple team members would commit new changes in scripts and tries to execute it. so with a batch file linked to a task scheduler will trigger at a specific time where the .bat is a command line execution with line for compiling and executing with a command line arguments.

• shawnshawn commented  · 

Please provide an API to access this feature. Thank you.

Feedback and Knowledge Base