Let us know your feature requests - also vote for others.

Reuse Testcases

Make it possible to use a testcase more than once in a testsuite, just as it is possible to reuse a recording or code module. This would allow more modular use of testcases.

43 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andreas GrasmüllerAndreas Grasmüller shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Uwe MatzenUwe Matzen commented  · 

I agree as well. At the very least, SmartFolders shouldn't be required to be unique; or they could have a "Display Name" property that the TestSuite folder can be configured to display instead of Id.

• Uwe MatzenUwe Matzen commented  · 

Completely agree on this. I understand why testcase names should be unique,but with the addition of Smartfolders in 7.0, i becomes possible to simulate testcases with multiple configurable steps. But being forced to give them uniqiue names is pretty inconvenient.

• Anonymous commented  · 

would be helpful if we could name different TC's in one TestSuite s same if the TC's are located in different folders

• Pavel KudrysPavel Kudrys commented  · 

Absolutely agree here! I often use the same TCs across my solution, but each TC needs its own unique name. And this is a real pain, because I often do same TC name-based magic in code (like enabling/disabling TCs or setting TC data range), which means I must not to forget to add each single TC name to my code ;)

Feedback and Knowledge Base