Ideas to Improve Ranorex

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us at Ranorex Uservoice.

1. Develop and maintain a standalone version of RanorexReportViewer

Hi,

I'm looking for a package to install Ranorex Report Viewer alone.

The goal is to send Ranorex Reports in their default format (.rxzlog) to people who don't have Ranorex Studio installed (nor do we cant extra licenses to be in-use).

I find html or pdf reports much less practical.

Also: having Ranorex Report Viewer allows any developer or analyst to open the reports directly in Jenkins.

So so this is important for us to be able to distribute Ranorex Report Viewer alone.

The Ranorex Support provided an unoffcial RanorexReportViewer standalone program, but it's not up to date and, e.g.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display action spot in recording overview

Would it be possible to show the action spot immediately in the recording overview? Currently it is displaying "Relative" when the item is not selected, and you need to to select the item to see the value such as "center". It would be handy to see center/top/custom value immediately instead.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would like a way to track test cases as a state of "Design", "Complete" or "Maintenance" that is visible and can be reported on.

This could be done by turning a different test case folder color, like tuning it green by right clicking "Test case completed/running". This also could provide metrics if it captured the date completed etc. The problem is that I find myself unchecking test cases all the time to do testing of other test cases and lose track. Another state to this may be to set a "Test case" to "Needs Maintenance"(Yellow), default color would be design state. These could be valuable metrics and visible indicators to the health of my test plan. As well I am asked to provide metrics…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ignore certain window elements by creating RanorexXpath weight rule that filters them out

The ability to filter out certain elements from being found by Ranorex Spy would be extremely useful to us here for a couple of reasons at least.

I would like to setup something like a RanorexXpath Weight Rule, with conditions, that, when an element matches, it sets the weight so low that Ranorex ignores the control and its children completely, like it does not exist.

One scenario is where Ctrl+LWin instant tracking in Ranorex Spy finds the 'wrong' element. I want that 'wrong' element blacklisted entirely. There is a "Settings/Plugins/Win32/Black-listed process names" option, but this only EXcludes processes, The 'wrong'…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. XPath not() option - make sure html attribute is not available

With Xpath it is possible to use the not() function to check that a specific attribute of an element does not exist.
    See: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/XPath/Functions/not

Currently it is only possible to use UserCode methods or besides that to use a @visible. However @visible does only work, if the search html element is currently visible on the screen. If a scroll would be necessary to see the element that would not work.

Creating a user code function for a feature which already exists in xpath would only be a workaround.

RxPath should be extended with features like not() to make it easier…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow validating images with does not contain

when validating images it would be interesting to have negative image validation by default, just like it has for other elements.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow you to create modules within a smart folder without having to link to a test case

Sometimes I came across the need to link direct modules with a smart folder, but ranorex doesn't allow it, making us stuck in its patterns.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add multiple elements to your repository at the same time

Now with the spy or track we have to click or select one element at a time the element will captured in repository which is hard if we have so many elements.

Suggestion : Feature to Add multiple elements to your repository at the same time

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ranorexpath - shorthand for multiple wildcards

In Ranorexpath, it would be handy to have a shorthand for multiple successive wildcards.
    In e.g. WPF applications with deeply nested structures and large tables or lists, we noticed performance of the // wildcard is very poor. As a workaround, we often use a succession of /? wildcards. For the cases where we need multiple, it would be handy to have a shorthand with a number instead of typing out the a series of /?.

Example: /?5 instead of /?/?/?/?/?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Real time Recording

When Recording mouse clicks and scrolls they are recorded in real time. so when the recording is run back it conducts it the same speed you completed

or

Ranorex can detect delays in-between recorded actions so you don't need to manually add them in and are then able to adjust later in studio if needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ranorex command line argument for maximum runtime

We are triggering the every test case separately by command line for a better overview and analysis of the test results.
    In some situations the tests might run into problems causing them to stuck at a certain place without recovering, e.g. programmatic dead loop of the test, AuT doing something unexpected.

To avoid following tests not being executed over night or weekend as they might be blocked by current test it would be very useful having a command line argument like <maximumRuntime>.

This argument will stop the testplan after the mentioned amount of time, either kills the Ranorex executable itself…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Give privilege to add dependent test case name to some test case

I am using Ranorex 9.2 in my office. We have dependent test cases in ranorex suite. Like "TestCase02" is dependent on "TestCase01" and sometimes "TestCase01" is again dependent on "PreCondition_TestCase00". Unless and until my dependent test cases are executed my "TestCase02" test case will not run/pass. Here we have more than 2000+ test cases and it is very difficult to keep track of rerunning flaky test cases. So can there be privilege to add dependent test cases name in "TestCase02" test case so that if "TestCase02" test case is selected for execution then it will automatically check the dependent test…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Give privilege to add dependent test case name to some test case

I am using Ranorex 9.2 in my office. We have dependent test cases in ranorex suite. Like "TestCase02" is dependent on "TestCase01" and sometimes "TestCase01" is again dependent on "PreCondition_TestCase00". Unless and until my dependent test cases are executed my "TestCase02" test case will not run/pass. Here we have more than 2000+ test cases and it is very difficult to keep track of rerunning flaky test cases. So can there be privilege to add dependent test cases name in "TestCase02" test case so that if "TestCase02" test case is selected for execution then it will automatically check the dependent test…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support for GrapeCity Framework

We develop accounting software for hospitality groups all over the world and we create financial reports like trial balance and so using Active report generated by "GrapeCity" framework. the issue is we can't validate anything on that report when it's generated using Ranorex. Can you kindly find a way to support this, it mean a lot to us and make life easier for us. we choose Ranorex think we can have our reports validated by Ranorex but now we are having some difficulties doing so.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Distributed Testing Capability

Distributed testing means that a test consists of several parts and each of them is performed on a separate computer. However, the term “distributed” means not only a simultaneous run of tests on a number of machines, which is specific for parallel testing. Distributed testing also suggests that test parts interact with each other during a test run. This makes them coordinated and synchronized in the appropriate manner. Actually, synchronization is one of the most crucial points in distributed testing.
    Another key point is administration and configuration of the test. For better analysis of results, statistics on running of all…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. A Tow With An ETA Of NOW

Revv was founded on the core idea of eliminating the wait time of our valued customers stalled on the side of the road. To do so, we have enhanced our dispatch system, fleet of tow trucks, staff hiring and training systems. But we still felt that it wasn’t enough, so kept striving to innovate the best possible system. And finally learnt that high tech dispatch software, best trained staff and our fancy new truck along with top of the line equipment alone could never enable us achieve what we aimed for. It’s the customer’s feedback and criticism, which made us…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need to cover Editor(Click on Particular Element not whole means "ThisDollar0")

1)Ranorex is not Click on Particular Element

2)It click on whole use "ThisDollar0"
    3)No need for ThisDollarO use particular Element inside Editor
    4)In this attachment, i need to click on "block1"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Need to cover Editor(Click on Particular Element not whole means "ThisDollar0")

1)Ranorex is not Click on Particular Element

2)It click on whole use "ThisDollar0"
    3)No need for ThisDollarO use particular Element inside Editor
    4)In this attachment, i need to click on "block1"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Custom Column on Repository

In the repository there are the below standard columns:

Item, Path, Comment.

It Will Be nice if the user was able to add a new custom column

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ranorex GDK plugin support

We have an application heavily relying on the GDK+ (gtk2 to be exact). To be able to use Ranorex to do object recognition, and therefore to perform GUI automated testing, it will need GDK framework to support "GDK _ NATIVE _ WINDOWS" environment variable. It is noted that starting from gtk3, this "GDK _ NATIVE _WINDOWS" will no longer be supported.

It will be ideal if you can create a GDK plugin so that we can read GDK elements directly instead of through the GDI plugin. This new feature will be extremely useful for Ranorex tool to be used for…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas to Improve Ranorex

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base