Ideas to Improve Ranorex

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us at Ranorex Uservoice.

1. XPath not() option - make sure html attribute is not available

With Xpath it is possible to use the not() function to check that a specific attribute of an element does not exist.
    See: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/XPath/Functions/not

Currently it is only possible to use UserCode methods or besides that to use a @visible. However @visible does only work, if the search html element is currently visible on the screen. If a scroll would be necessary to see the element that would not work.

Creating a user code function for a feature which already exists in xpath would only be a workaround.

RxPath should be extended with features like not() to make it easier…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support for JxBrowser version 7.3 and above

Hello,

Ranorex 9.2 is currently missing support for the latest versions of the popular JxBrowser v7.x.

JxBrowser version 6 is supported, but once the product is updated to v 7.3 (in my case), Ranorex Spy cannot detect any page elements.

Thanks,
    Bogdan L

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ranorex to export results to TestRail plan as well as run (have a collection of runs)

When I have a data connector on my test runs, so it will iterate my tests for example in different browsers, I want to have my results exported to TestRail as a test plan (collection of runs) instead of a TestRail test run.

With it being a test run, each iteration result overwrites the previous iterations run result, and therefore only shows one result for each of the test cases, not one per iteration.

This is possible only at present by running one iteration at a time, and pointing it to the test run that already exists within the existing…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bring back SmartFolder information in ProgressDialog

Since upgrading from Ranorex 9.1.2 to 9.2.1 the progress dialog is missing SmartFolder information.
    This is a valuable information that is used to investigate failures since we use extensively Smart Folders in all of our test cases.
    Please bring back this feature ... or at least give us the option to customize it !

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. need to view mapped test suite references to a module

when I have mapped repo items into a module, it is possible to right click on that repo item and find test module references. Need a way to do that same thing with the module and seeing where (if any) is mapped to a test suite. That way I know if a module is not used, or mapped/in use multiple times inside of a test suite and knowing which test cases it is used in.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add multiple elements to your repository at the same time

Now with the spy or track we have to click or select one element at a time the element will captured in repository which is hard if we have so many elements.

Suggestion : Feature to Add multiple elements to your repository at the same time

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ranorexpath - shorthand for multiple wildcards

In Ranorexpath, it would be handy to have a shorthand for multiple successive wildcards.
    In e.g. WPF applications with deeply nested structures and large tables or lists, we noticed performance of the // wildcard is very poor. As a workaround, we often use a succession of /? wildcards. For the cases where we need multiple, it would be handy to have a shorthand with a number instead of typing out the a series of /?.

Example: /?5 instead of /?/?/?/?/?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Be able to concatenate variables in a recording module without coding

For the moment the only way to concatenate two variables to give to a Ranorex built-in action can only be achieved via user code.

By example I have var1 and var2 and I set a keyboard press action. I want to be able to pass an argument like $var1+$var2

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your input.

We have currently already done a small proof-of-concept for this (for validation actions). However, it adds some additional complexity (because we need another Setting to toggle if the string should be just a string or if it should be evaluated for special characters that are used for the concatenation syntax).
    We have decided against shipping this feature, yet, because we don’t think that it feels right just of yet. However, we still have it on our backlog, and we will continue to try to find a good solution for this.

Best Regards,
    Thomas from the Ranorex Product Management Team

9. Ranorex GDK plugin support

We have an application heavily relying on the GDK+ (gtk2 to be exact). To be able to use Ranorex to do object recognition, and therefore to perform GUI automated testing, it will need GDK framework to support "GDK _ NATIVE _ WINDOWS" environment variable. It is noted that starting from gtk3, this "GDK _ NATIVE _WINDOWS" will no longer be supported.

It will be ideal if you can create a GDK plugin so that we can read GDK elements directly instead of through the GDI plugin. This new feature will be extremely useful for Ranorex tool to be used for…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Report improvement - option to export report in CHM (compiled HTML help file) format

Hi,

Currently, Ranorex reports are not easy to distribute and view for non-technical people and people without installed Ranorex. Ranorex Report viewer does not exists as a standalone setup file and even if there would be such a thing like Rx report viewer installation package, people don't like installing an extra SW just for viewing reports ;)

Yes, we can save reports in HTML format, but this option creates list of files, which must be first compressed for easy distribution and then again, people must do some extra steps to view HTML-based report. True, there is available also PDF conversion,…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. If a user opens multiple Ranorex solutions on the same machine it will take more than one Ranorex license

Hi,

At the moment, I'm comparing two Ranorex solutions at my own desk. I find it really annoying that it means that it's taking two licenses at the same time.

Is it possible to only use 1 license for that scenario? Since it's the same machine and the same user.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Databinding depending on Runconfig

To make full use of data driven testing approach it would be great to be able to switch the input data depending on the runconfig or at least be able to siwtch the input data by any trigger to make reuse of tests already written.
    Example : I have a Ranorex Solution for the programm i am supposed to test. I now implemented basic tests like is it possible to login and does the happy path for features work with a minimum of testdata. This runs in CI after each build with a sql database as datasource.
    Now i want…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow run configurations to be organized into folders.

When you start getting a lot of run configurations, it would be nice to be able to organize them into folders.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create a drop down list for the Test Run Configuration in the Ranorex Azure DevOps Task

In the Test Run Configuration of the "Run Ranorex test executable" Azure DevOps task, provide a drop down list of the run configurations in your test suite with a check box to select the run configuration you want to use. It would also be nice to be able to select multiple run configurations and have them run sequentially.

This would be similar to the Test suite option in the Visual Studio Test task as shown in the attached TestSuiteDropDown.jpg.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow validating images with does not contain

when validating images it would be interesting to have negative image validation by default, just like it has for other elements.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show all available JavaMethods on specific JavaElement

While a test engineer is automating a test it happens, that it is not known with native JavaMethods a specific JavaElement supports.

It would be great if Ranorex offers a method to show all available and application specific native Java Methods (like MethodWizard in UFT)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support for screen dpi Scaling above 100%

Today's computers have HD screens or above, and for most laptop, it makes everything so small that ALL of the manufacturers recommend to use the Scaling at 125%
    All laptops that we use have the scaling 125% as a standard setting

We are testing desktop apps and Web pages
    All of those UI need to work fine in such a typical configuration: 125%
    I request that Ranorex supports the 125% dpi scaling in a much better way.
    All support blog that I see indicate to use only 100% scaling on all screens.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Give privilege to add dependent test case name to some test case

I am using Ranorex 9.2 in my office. We have dependent test cases in ranorex suite. Like "TestCase02" is dependent on "TestCase01" and sometimes "TestCase01" is again dependent on "PreCondition_TestCase00". Unless and until my dependent test cases are executed my "TestCase02" test case will not run/pass. Here we have more than 2000+ test cases and it is very difficult to keep track of rerunning flaky test cases. So can there be privilege to add dependent test cases name in "TestCase02" test case so that if "TestCase02" test case is selected for execution then it will automatically check the dependent test…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Put back information of Smart folder name in "Running" window (i.e. progress window)

Put back information of Smart folder name in progress window.

"Running" window contained the name of Smart folder too in the former Ranorex versions. This information made possible to design well-structured test cases where the same recording is called with different parameters.

In Ranorex 9 this information is intentionally deleted.

Without displaying the smart folder name the progress window does not hold any relevant information when using a well-structured test case.
    Ex.: In one of my tests each of 10 trains should go through 5 kind of (in total 7) transitions. So the test is implemented by 5 different recordings…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fill the cases attributes (Type, Priority...) in Testrail automatically with Ranorex Studio

Fill the cases attributes (Type, Priority...) in Testrail automatically with Ranorex Studio.
    These fields would appears and could be fill in Ranorex Studio when the Testrail integration would be done.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas to Improve Ranorex

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base